711 West Moreland Boulevard, #100A, Waukesha, WI 53188
Facebook Twitter Linkedin


Bucher Law Group, LLC

5 Questions to Ask Your Doctor After a Car Accident

 Posted on August 24, 2018 in Personal Injury

Waukesha County car accident injury attorneyIf you have been injured in a car accident, you are likely feeling stressed and unsure of what to do. After things have calmed down a bit and you have exchanged information with others involved in the accident and made any required police reports, it is important to visit the doctor right away. Doing so will protect your health and increase your chances of obtaining the full and fair compensation you may be entitled to.

When you do visit the doctor after a car accident, there are certain questions you should ask in order to protect your rights and recover in a safe and efficient manner. These questions include:

1. How Severe Are My Injuries?

Often, car accident victims believe their injuries are minor, when in reality, they are considered serious. Be sure to document the severity of your injuries so that you can share the documentation with your attorney and the liable party’s insurance company.

2. How Long Will Recovery Take?

While some injuries take a few days or weeks to heal, others may take months or even years. Ask your doctor how long they believe it will take you to recover and what types of ongoing medical care may be necessary in order to get back to your pre-accident condition.

3. Should I Be Working While I Recover?

It is not uncommon for car accident victims to take some time off of work so that they can fully recover from their injuries. If your doctor suggests that you take time to recover at home, they should provide you with a note that you can share with your workplace. This important documentation can be used to demonstrate that your injuries resulted in lost income due to being unable to work.

4. Do I Need to Take Over-the-Counter and/or Prescription Medications?

Your doctor will likely prescribe medication and/or encourage you to take some over-the-counter drugs to help you with your pain or any other conditions you experience because of your injuries. Be sure to understand which medications you can and cannot take, as some drugs can worsen your condition or be dangerous to take along with other drugs.

5. Will I Need to See a Specialist?

The doctor you visit may not be the best person to treat your particular injury, and they may refer you to a physician who knows exactly how to help you recover. Be sure to document the need for care from a doctor with a specific focus in neurology, cardiology, etc. 

Contact a Waukesha Car Accident Attorney Today

Once you seek medical treatment and consult a doctor about your car accident injury, you should reach out to an experienced Delafield car accident attorney at Bucher Law Group, LLC. We can handle the car accident claim process on your behalf, working to help you receive the financial compensation you deserve. For a free consultation, call us at 262-303-4916.



Share this post:
AVVO SuperLawyers BBB Thervo 2017 Martindale Hubbel City Voter List Criminal Defense Blog
Back to Top