711 West Moreland Boulevard, #100A, Waukesha, WI 53188
Facebook Twitter Linkedin


Bucher Law Group, LLC

What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident in Wisconsin

 Posted on September 11, 2018 in Personal Injury

Delafield slip and fall accident lawyerSlip and fall accidents can happen within a moment's notice to individuals of all ages and health statuses. Many of these incidents lead to severe, long-term injuries. Although they can happen just about anywhere, they frequently occur on sidewalks, parking lots, stairs, elevators, restaurants, and grocery stores.  To ensure preparedness if you become injured, we have created this guide of what to do after a slip and fall accident in Wisconsin.

Seek Medical Attention

After a slip and fall accident, your health should be your top priority. For this reason, it is imperative to visit a doctor right away. Many falls result in internal injuries, most of which are not immediately noticeable to the untrained eye. A doctor can help you document your injuries and recover safely and efficiently.

Report the Slip and Fall

Report any accident regardless of where your slip and fall took place. It is your responsibility to tell the landlord, owner, or manager of the private or public property that the trip and fall occurred. If possible, obtain a written report of the incident.

Ensure Proper Documentation

The key to protecting your rights after a slip and fall accident is documentation. Be sure to take pictures of the exact location you fell and write down specific details of the incident. You should also gather the names, addresses, and phone numbers of bystanders and potential witnesses.

Limit Communication with the Property Owner

After you report the accident to the property owner, manager, or landlord, do not continue to speak to them. They can leverage anything you say against you in court, so it is wise to limit communication as much as possible.

Contact a Delafield Personal Injury Attorney

To ensure your rights are protected and increase your chances of recovering the fair and full compensation you deserve, seek legal representation. A highly skilled slip and fall accident lawyer can determine liability, collect evidence, fill out complicated paperwork, and handle the entire claim process on your behalf.

If you have sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident that took place on any private or public property in Waukesha County, it is in your best interests to contact an experienced Waukesha County slip and fall accident lawyer from our firm. We can help you file a claim and hold the appropriate party responsible for their negligence. Call Bucher Law Group, LLC today at 262-203-4916 for a free consultation.




Share this post:
AVVO SuperLawyers BBB Thervo 2017 Martindale Hubbel City Voter List Criminal Defense Blog
Back to Top